Ads from partners:
Forums
  New thread
Forum: Everything else
  New message
Pages: 1
Gerry Ali
From Gerry Ali to everyone в 22:06, 13/11/08 Reply | Reply in new thread | Edit

I am British by birth and have lived in America since 1970 . Now that the election is over and the people have spoken, I wish President Elect Obama great success, because if he does well, America will do well and so would the world. However, I did not support him during the elction irrespective of the fact that I have always supported the Democratic party. President Elect Obama is a very intelligent man and he is very good at articulating words, but in the final analysis, it is not his words that is going to matter much, but his deeds! America is a great country, not a perfect country but we strive to become a better nation, not that I desire for us to say that we are better than others, because the truth of the matter is, no one is better than the other, it is just that we are different. Thus, now I shall hope with all my heart that his campaign words are matched by his deeds, because if his promises and words were just slogans to win an election, then God help us all. We are living in very dangerous times as far as the world’s security is concerned, and are very much at risk with the global economic problems. But we can rise above all of the errors of the past, but only if The United States Congress, The Senate and The White House, Republicans, Democrats and Independents work together for the good of the country and not for themselves. If President Elect Obama when he becomes President practices phantasmagoric rationales and internecine policies, then we will be no better of than the era of President George W. Bush, and perhaps we could very well be worse off!

Let me be the first on this Forum (i hope) to congratulate America with their new president, Barack Obama!
It's 06.30 here in Norway and i've followed the election through the night, and it's been very exciting to watch. Now the new president has just spoken in Chicago to his huge crowd of supporters. In my mind a great speech that transcends politics and race. This man has inspired new groups of voters - 60% of young people supported Obama, has drawn huges enthusiatic crowds like no other candidate since maybe J.F. Kennedy, and has created enthusiasm (i'd even say hope) in most parts of the world for a new way forward for America. This interest and hope is in itself something new for the US presidential elections. They are always important, but now more than ever. This time even i have some hope for a change for the better, although the road ahead will be extremely difficult for President Obama. This is truly a historic time. I'm happy i was able to watch it unfold on TV and Internet, and to say, I was "there".
I kinda understand everyone's excitement about him since so many people are hating on W and are sick and tired of everything that's been going on for the last eight years. I wouldn't get too happy just yet if I were you. Words and promises can be thrown at no cost but what really matters is the action and we have yet to see what that is gonna be like. I know quite a few people that are very cautious about him to say the least and I have to point out that it has nothing to do with his color but rather the things he has said and done during his political career and beyond. At this point in time US really needs a leader who would do his best to restore the original intent of this country - its constitution, fundamental rights of the people, restore some liberties that were lost under the last couple of presidents. I 'm not sure if Obama is willing to go in that direction. From the examples of his choices in recent past it doesn't look to be happening.

Kostik
From Kostik to Gerry Ali в 03:10, 14/11/08 Reply | Reply in new thread | Edit

Thus, now I shall hope with all my heart that his campaign words are matched by his deeds, because if his promises and words were just slogans to win an election, then God help us all.

Can I ask you what promises and words that he has told during his campaign gave you hope for his candidacy as a President and for the US of A in general?

Pages: 1
Forum threads:
  • Our website: First Get Shifted And Then Choose The Apartment For Living In Kolkata
  • Our website: University entry 'should be background, not just exams'
  • Our website: Dad often said to me: "Children,
  • Our website: s the glitz of the wind belt not
  • Everything else: Why so many Russian PROSTITUTES on marriage agencies ?

• Ads from partners:

Terms, Conditions and Privacy Policy

Смертокрыл приближается. Катаклизм грядет. Скачать патч 4.0.1. Скачать патч 4.0.3. Скачать патч 3.3.5.